Orchestra Indiana is thrilled to be partnering with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute to present Link Up: The Orchestra Moves on our 2022-2023 season. Link Up concerts will be presented both in Muncie and Marion, and are free for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade school groups:
- MUNCIE: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 10 am in Emens Auditorium
- MARION: Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10 am in the Chapel Auditorium at Indiana Wesleyan University
Link Up is a highly participatory music education program which connects the concert hall and the classroom in a real and tangible way. Participating music teachers implement the Link Up curriculum through the school year leading up to a culminating concert, in which the students will join the orchestra by singing and playing recorder from their seats. Schools will receive teacher guides, student workbooks, recorders if needed, and professional development support at no cost.
Link Up: The Orchestra Moves will focus on how composers use rhythm. Highlights of the concert repertoire include:
- Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony
- “Danzon No. 2” by Arturo Marquez
- “The Blue Danube” by Johann Strauss II
- “Uno, dos, tres,” by Angélica Negrón
- And much more!
Teachers interested in adopting the Link Up curriculum and bringing their students to a culminating concert must register their schools using our online form. The registration deadline is November 30.
Below are highlights from the 2022 Link Up: The Orchestra Sings concert: